- Creates a healthy pond environment
- Contains both photosynthetic bacteria and heterotrophic bacteria which help clarify cloudy water by promoting flocculation and settling of organic and inorganic particles.
- Seeds and maintains biological filters
- Improves dissolved oxygen levels
- Digests organic sludge reducing the frequency of cleaning
- Reduces the buildup of waste from fish and waterfowl
- Breaks down uneaten fish food
- Reduces biological oxygen demand of water
- Reduces unpleasant odors
- Breaks down dead algae
- Safe for fish and plants and household pets that may drink from the pond.
Can be used to purge the pond of problems and then monthly as a maintenance product to keep your pond clean and clear.16 oz treats 500-1000 gallons. (Best used when the temp is over 55°)
Algaway 5.4 will clear faster to get a head start. Controls string algae and stops algae growth. When using Algaway 4.5 with Microbe-Lift, Algaway should be added first when visible algae is present. Wait two days after any Algaway application before applying any Microbe-Lift PL.
Why does some Microbe-Lift / PL smell like rotten eggs?
Microbe-Lift PL is literally an eco-system in a bottle. It contains photosynthetic bacteria, which can use sunlight as a source of energy. Unlike other bacteria enhancers, the bacteria in Microbe-Lift PL are alive, reproducing, and ready to go - and the medium they are floating & feeding in is rich and stinky. It has a 3-4 day head start on competitors' products because the bacteria are in that active state. A single box of Microbe-Lift PL is so versatile that you would have to purchase three to four of a competitor's product to achieve the same results.
Autumn/Winter Microbe-lift Pond Prep contains a unique bacterium that can survive freezing and continues to work in cooler temperatures. Because it is working over the winter months, it will also give you a head start on those springtime algae problems.
Spring/Summer Microbe-lift Pond Prep contains a unique bacterium that accelerates the breakdown of debris that has accumulated over the winter. Use it if you haven't used Autumn/Winter Microbe-lift over the cold season.